Summer Means Lake Placid Camping in New York State
Lake Placid camping? Yes! Although best known as the winter sports capital of the Northyeast and best remembered for the famous "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Olympic ice hockey victory over Russia, camping in Lake Placid NY also provides choices for camping in Plattsburgh, North Hudson, Keeseville, Peru, and other locations that offer a myriad of wonderful North Country summertime activities!
- During the summer season, Lake Placid gets creative and offers such activities as wheeled bobsled rides, mountain biking, hiking and sight seeing.
- The Adirondack campgrounds in this beautiful area offer the perfect setting for a camping vacation surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery, unique attractions and scheduled events.
- Enjoy a wilderness wonderland amidst the high peaks with Mount Marcy towering 5344 feet.
- Take a self guided tour of the site of the 1932 and 1980 Olympic Games including the Olympic Jumping complex and the Mt. VanHoevenberg Bob Sled and Luge Run.
- Enjoy figure skating, competitions, ice shows, concerts and festivals or drive up Whiteface Mt. Veterans Memorial Highway and view a 360 degree panorama of the Adirondacks. Swim, Sail, or fish Saranac or Tupper Lake.
Lake Placid camping provides a wonderful vacation destination activity during the Spring, Summer and Fall. Be sure to browse our site to find the Adirondack campgrounds in NY that are perfect for your getaway!
Lake Placid...the Olympic Village offers four seasons of fun. The village is set in the six million-acre Adirondack Park in Essex County, home of the legendary Adirondack Mountains High Peaks, some of the tallest mountains in the eastern U.S. Camping in Lake Placid offers access to breathtaking vistas, attractions and events year-round!